Thursday, February 20, 2025

 A new learning?

Daily, figuring out best practices for who to talk to about what....may be the most important thing?

The SHN item is continuing.

After a couple of back and forth with only a couple of folks at SHN (George & Lori), later last night, Debbie Warden, bless her heart, pointedly wrote to the community list serve, and asked if board members would give voice to why they voited?  I chose to second her.  And, I added the idea that, on sensitive matters (this idea suggested by Lori, which I sought to lift up), there be an effort to widen the group of people whose voice would be counted.

I think I did identify an important point. How would...whichever body....whether the ritual committee, or the board...determine it could speak for its represented body.  George replied badly, saying the members could only do the best they could.  I told him that wasn't right....and surfaced Lori's idea.

Not done, was point to SHN's origins.  I should look for a context for doing that.

And, in only the last few minutes, I did just a simple thing.  After suffering through at least 2 very cold mornings at SHN, where the space was in lack of repair, I decided, and did write to both George and Barbara, presidents both, and copyied Janet, asking for an update on the heating system, and a communication to the community about same.  Not added on....was a request for a member's list.  Not known...is whether George has yet sent in my letter of support for scholarship.

No comments: